Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"Project Denim" Diminishing the Jean Pile, Episode 4: Jean Wreath

Welcome back to my series of blog posts I call "Project Denim!" If this is your first time here, I am sharing ways I use my family's old, worn-out jeans to make new things. Today I made a wreath for my front door out of the pant legs of a pair of jeans. I purchased a Styrofoam wreath from Joann's, I used a kitchen knife to make one cut all the way through it (so I could put the tube I made out of the jean legs on to the Styrofoam) then cut the pant legs from the bottom to the top and then sewed a seam (long way) so the tube was the same size around (because pant legs get bigger as they go up and I wanted the tube the same size.) I did not connect the two tubes to each other. I just over lapped them on the wreath. (I used 2 pant legs for this project, but yours will depend on what size jeans you are working with, I am using "Handy Hubby's" and he's super tall. You may need to use more pant legs if your pants are shorter.) Then I made a bow and hot glued it on. And using a thick strip of denim cut from another pair of jeans to hang it. This was super easy and fast! I want to add a welcome to this wreath, when I do I will re-post a new pic. Hope you are digging the denim! Have a super day from "Patch-A-Heaven!"




No comments:

Post a Comment