Friday, September 13, 2013

Fashionable Farmer/Runway Rancher, Episode 5: Peplum Cowgirl and a Throwback Belt

Hello my fine friends. Welcome back to "Patch-A-Heaven!" Today I bring you the latest look in my Fashionable Farmer/Runway Rancher Series. In this series, I take runway trends and style them with my cowgirl flare. I have loved the peplum trend since it came round!! And I love that it has lasted this long. Sometimes a trend is here today and gone by noon, but this feminine look is staying put for Fall. So here is my peplum done up "cowgirl style." From some of you I may get an "Oh no....she didn't!" just mix a Western belt/buckle with English style riding boots. But....I did!! And I love it! I put my brown cowboy boots on first and it just didn't go. So I switched and I think it's a keeper. The belt is a real throwback to my childhood! I got this belt for Christmas from my dad when I was really young!! I have had it for years, it's pretty crazy that it still fits. I found it in the tack room the other day and thought it would go perfect with this outfit. It has my name on the back, how quaint! (why did we stop doing that??) And I chose this buckle for it's gold coloring and it's a throwback too, so it goes perfectly with the belt. (I won this in 4-H in 1994, way long time ago!) The boots are Madden from last season. The clutch is a gold sequin number I snagged from Brickyard Buffalo. The peplum top is a Fancy Ewe Creation, I used a retro 1940's inspired Simplicity pattern and altered it a bit to suit me. The necklace is from Koo-de-ker. And the jeans are J Brand. (I love these jeans! Expensive...yes, but they are so comfortable and they hold their shape! Also Koo-de-ker.) Of course you could easily wear cowboy boots, just the style/color combo I had didn't flow. (I think someone needs a new pair of brown cowboy boots.) Peplums are so fun and feminine! Grab one and style it up Cowgirl!

And have a fancy day!!


Here are some pics of my peplum cowgirl look:




Here is a pic of the throwback belt.


This is the pattern I used to make the peplum top, I however modified it. I made the opening in the back with a zipper, used the back for the front and used shirring at the neckline and waist to cinch it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment