Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Highly Explosive Cheesecake!

Today I'm blogging about a recent mishap with a cheesecake. I have made cheesecake many, many times. And have (until this one) had much success. My husband loves cheesecake and so for his birthday every year I make him one. Well I love Food Network and when the satellite is turned on at our house I get my fill of cooking shows! (We only have satellite tv about 2-3 times a year for a few weeks at a time, long story, we will save that for another day!) So I saw Paula Dean making this yummy looking cheesecake, and thought to myself; "I should try that recipe for a change". (p.s. don't try something new on an important day, just saying). So I followed the instructions and it recommended cooking the cheesecake in a water bath to keep it moist and  to keep it from cracking, I baked it for the recommended time, took it out, examined it, didn't look done, so put it back in for about 5-7 more min. What happened next was very sad Y'all! (sorry had a Paula Dean moment) I opened the oven door to find that the cake had totally exploded! And of course I had just cleaned the oven the day before, what are the odds?? Hmmm....too late to make another cake, expectations high, what to do?? Well Y'all I told my hubby that my love for him just couldn't be contained! There was so much love baked into the cake that it exploded! It tasted great despite it's poor appearance. And no disrespect to Miss Paula Dean, I'm sure it was not the recipe, but pilot error! I don't usually brag about my failures but I figure everyone has them, why not share and laugh about them once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment