Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shared Recipe: "Magic" German Pancakes & Special Syrup


Today I'm sharing a favorite family recipe. My mom used to make these for me and my sister when we were little and my kids love them!! I think they love them because they grow out of the pan, and of course they taste so good. But you could put this syrup on a piece of cardboard and it would probably go down! When making these, make sure to turn on the light in the oven and watch them grow! But don't open the door until they are done, (or it will fall).
 
Magic (German) Pancakes:
1 Cup Flour                                 
6 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Tbls Butter
Mix all ingredients (except butter) until smooth. Preheat bottom  (your biggest) oven to 425 degrees, when heated put butter into 9x13 pan and put in oven until melted, then pour in batter, Do NOT Stir! Bake and watch rise for 15 min. (Note in my photo of them that they are golden brown in the middle and a little too over done on the corners, hence the bottom oven instruction!) They should be golden brown and grown out of pan.
Special Syrup:
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Stick Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
Melt all syrup ingredients together in saucepan until boils then put into blender, (Cocoa Motion machine works too!) Mix in blender for 1 minute and serve over pancakes, enjoy! P.S. this is not allowed on any diet!! I have done lots of variations of this recipe, I like peaches and strawberries added the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment