Friday, November 2, 2012

My favorite Cheesy Bread Recipe!

Mmmm! Toasty, melty, cheesy bread!
Well Hello there everyone! Hope you had a great Halloween and have not been suffering from Halloween Hangover! Here on "Patch A Heaven" we had a super Halloween! My Momma came to share this fun holiday with my kids. This is the first time we have had Grandma with us for Halloween, and my kids will be the first to tell you that she is much more fun!! Out here instead of traditional trick or treating we do something we call Trunk or Treating. (If you aren't familiar with this term it is basically meeting at any parking lot or other large area, parking your car, decorating your trunk and the kids walk around from trunk to trunk collecting goodies.) I really prefer traditional Trick or Treating from house to house, but out here the houses are so far away from each other that we do a Trunk or Treat instead. The part I do like about the Trunk or Treat is the sense of community involvement or gathering together to visit. We hosted this event at our church this year and planned a pot luck soup/bread dinner before the candy collecting began. (Which I also loved because I felt like at least their little tummies were full of good food before the candy gorging commenced.) After the Trunk or Treat I asked my kids if they wanted to go find some more houses. To my surprise they said "no, we are ready to go home" at 7:22 PM, I was good with that! This is what brings me to today's blog post, a favorite recipe of mine for pot lucks. I love cheesy bread and I've come to know that most people share the desire for this comforting, cheesy creation! In mixing and shaking, in search of the perfect cheesy bread, this is what I came up with. So I am posting one of my favorite recipes. I have taken the following bread to many a pot lucks with success. (I made two cookie sheets full of this for the Halloween Potluck and I didn't even get a piece, it was snatched up right away!) It's super easy and very tasty. I will also share the variations I like to do.

You will need:

Butter
Flavor Packet of your choice
Mozzarella Cheese,grated
Bread, (I love this with soft French bread but chewy Italian style is also delish! But I have also done it on left over mediocre store bought rolls and it makes them irresistible!!)

Italian Cheesy Bread:
This version is what I took to the Halloween pot luck and is my favorite!
1 Packet of Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing Mix (dry packet found by the salad dressing mixes)
2 Sticks Butter, softened
Mozzarella cheese, grated

To make the spread beat the butter in mixer until smooth and fluffy, add salad dressing packet, mix well, then spread onto favorite bread and sprinkle generously with grated mozzarella cheese. (I like to use a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil so I can get messy and add plenty of cheese and not worry about the clean up!)
Mixing the spread. If you don't use it all at one time, refrigerate rest for later use!



Then broil until cheese is melted and starts to get golden brown spots.
This batch was made with some store bought french bread rolls.

For alternative flavors I like to use a Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Packet instead of the Italian or for Traditional Garlic Bread flavor use 2 Teaspoons Garlic Salt in place of the season packets.

If you take this bread to any pot luck be prepared for people to hunt down "the person who brought the cheesy bread" because they will want the recipe! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment