Friday, April 12, 2013

Shirred Asymmetrical Maxi Dress, DIY Tutorial, Should I?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am definitely "shir" crazy!! I just can't help myself, I love shirring/smocking and hope you don't
mind all the projects featuring this technique. Today I made a super easy dress for my daughter that is spot on trend too! Maxi dresses...IN, Asymmetrical hemlines...IN, Neon Colors...IN, then add the shirring technique and it's over the top cute!! Here is a glimpse of this project that I will do a full tutorial on if you love it like I do! (The one in this picture was my first attempt and it's not a pattern, I designed and created this fun little frock.) If you want a tutorial, leave me a comment here and it will motivate me to get it out soon! If there's lots of interest I will try to get this out before I go to SNAP next week. (In between feeding bummer lambs and making PB&J's!)

We think Neons look great paired with denim!

1 comment: