Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Man Behind This Blog, "Handy Hubby" is in the House!


The day he became mine.
Hey everyone! I'm happy to be blogging today, there for a minute I wasn't sure I was going to survive the County Fair. But I'm happy to say that we did it!! We are home and I was flipping through my blog list (blogs I follow) and I found that my friend Suzi over at Chores and Chandeliers (I say friend, we have never met in person, but I love her blog, we have a lot in common and converse via this amazing internet so I count her as a friend) is doing a fun themed link up and I thought I'd join in. (I have a link to Suzi's blog at the bottom of this page, you should go visit her!) By now you all probably know that I refer to my husband as "Handy Hubby" on this blog. And I've included him in a few posts. His real name is Matthew, he goes by Matt. He is a wonderful guy and today I want it to be all about him! If it weren't for this good man, I would not have the sweet life I enjoy everyday!! We have been married for 13 years, for the first 5 of those years we both worked full time as employees for other companies. Then we decided to start our own construction company in 2006. "Handy Hubby" is an expert in dirt, track hoes, back hoes, digging holes and loves working outside. He would not enjoy working in an office. Since having our first child in 2005, I have been a stay at home mom. "Handy Hubby" has always supported me in my desire to be the one home with our children. (Even when it would have been easier on us to have two incomes!) At times I feel like I'm a princess and he's our indentured servant. (I hope he doesn't feel this way! I so appreciate all of his hard work so that we can live the life we do.) But when I call to talk to him during his day and he's digging in a track hoe and I'm off to the swimming pool or something fun...one can feel a little guilty!
Being self employed has both it's challenges and rewards. We have had struggles and victories that have pushed us to our brink and ultimately brought us closer together. "Handy Hubby" has always kept a positive attitude and I love that about him! He is loving, gentle and kind. He is strong, tough and hard working. He always supports me in all I do, even when I get hair brained ideas like starting a blog or taking out loans to make dresses and such. He tries his hardest to make me happy and I appreciate his efforts. He has a great sense of humor and always keeps me laughing! He is a hard worker, a great dad, and the reason I call him "Handy Hubby" comes from the fact that he is one of the handiest guys I have ever met! He can build things, fix things and figure things out...it's an art! I love to work with him, his creativity and ability never ceases to amaze me! One of my other favorite things about him is his love for fun. He loves to have fun and is fun to be around! And that keeps things new. We date often, we play games together, we work together, we have a lot of fun together and I think that's really important! He serves God in his many responsibilities in our church (I think a man that serves the Lord is very sexy!) He is relaxed, low key, and patient so basically he keeps me balanced because I am none of those things! The past 13 years for me being married to this guy have been a pleasure and a blessing! I look forward to having him tease me for eternity! (This is one of his favorite things (to tease me) and it's one of my favorite things, NOT! But it's all good, someone's gotta give me a hard time! Here are a few pics of the man behind this blog. The thing I want him to know the most is how proud I am of him, the man he is, how much I love him, and the life we have made together.

Here are the questions he was to answer:

(Me) 1. If you had a blog what would it be called?

(Handy Hubby) "Um...." (I don't think he's ever thought of having a blog!) He said he likes teaching people to do things and if he were to have one I think teaching people how to be handy would be dandy!

(Me) 2. Do I use her real name on the blog?
(HH) "Nope!" He loves giving people nick-names so I'm sure I'd have a funny name!

(Me) 3. How has my blog evolved or changed over time?
(HH) He thinks my content is getting better and he didn't say this, but he has taken over as resident photographer and I must say the photos are getting much better!

(Me) 4. How often do you read my blog?
(HH) "Not very often." Do I take offense to this? no, of course not! I figure dresses and how to make girly things doesn't really turn him on!

(Me) 5. What are some of your hobbies?
(HH) "Biking, mountain and road. Shooting (guns) hunting and fishing. Beekeeping.

(Me) 6. What would your dream job be?
(HH) "Wouldn't have one!" He likes the idea of hanging out with this little family a lot more. (I love this idea!) I guess he's waiting to win the lottery!

(Me) 7. What is your favorite thing about me?
(HH) "Your ability to take care of me." ( I loved this answer!)

(Me) 8. Share 3 random facts about yourself:
(HH) "There's probably not a tractor or piece of equipment that I can't run." (This is a true story, he is very gifted when it comes to machines!)
"I can ride a bike for 206 miles straight and finish in less than 10 hours. (I followed him in the car and it was a long ride for me!)
"I like to talk in movie quotes!" (We have a lot of fun with this one at our house! Our favorite movies to quote are "Nacho Libre", McClintock and "Despicable Me"

(Me) 9. What is your favorite post on my blog?
(HH)"I like the ones about bees."

(Me) 10. Do you ever feel ignored because of this blog?
(HH) "No, you balance well." (This pleases me too! I never want my family to feel unimportant!)

Here are a few pics of my Handy Hubby:
His work.
His fun! He loves hunting and fishing!!

 

At the end of his 206 mile bike race.

He is so funny! And always willing to help my dad on the ranch.
 

Building a horse stall for me.
Teaching his boy how to keep mama happy! Once again building something for me.
I get the privilege of raising one just like him.


Such a good dad!
 
He always does things right, straight and true, even if it takes longer!

Prime example of his Handiness, using a drill to reel in the electric fence...brilliant!

This is a prime example of his sense of humor, he knows I'm trying to take his picture so he pretends to pick his nose! Gross!!
Having fun on one of our couples weekends!


Please take time to visit my friend Suzi over at choresandchandeliers.blogspot.com here's her link:

http://choresandchandeliers.blogspot.com/

 

8 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks for linking up!!!
    I love all the photos!!!! You are such an attractive couple!
    I agree, I also tend to feel a bit guilty when I get to have a fun day and the hubs is busy doing take-offs for contractors, on job sites or bidding out construction jobs (he manages a lumber yard).

    Fyi. I also call you a friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Friend! Thanks!! Sounds like our hubby's have lots in common also. (Their job duties sound the same, but for different fields.) Glad you came by.
      Kacey

      Delete
  2. I loved this post!! You guys are seriously the best and I miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! I'm glad you liked the post. I know it didn't do him justice, but close!! We miss you too! Loves, Kacey

      Delete
  3. Details which might be driven out of this article is quite valuable, and undoubtedly intriguing to read. The posting is a unique and interesting. This is a good site to spent time onAvalon airport Melbourne|Maxi taxi Melbourne quote |Melbourne maxi cab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I was searching the blog for taxi cabs, and find your blog.. then I have read your blog got some good information. Thanks for sharing a post.Maxi taxi|Maxi taxi Melbourne|Melbourne maxi cab

    ReplyDelete