Saturday, June 23, 2012

What's Your Favorite Line?

My family loves movies and tv, sometimes a little too much!! One of my kids favorite things to do is recite lines from movies. We sometimes play a game where we will say a movie line and see who can guess what movie it is from, first one to guess correctly wins and we take turns, back and forth. My Grace is the most theatrical of all of us and quite entertaining! A couple of years ago for a church talent show she did a part from the movie "Up" the one where Russell is on Mr. Fredrickson's porch, and I must say, she nailed it! (Now as for me, not so much, I of course had to be Mr. Fredrickson, and she had to tell me every line to say because I kept getting it wrong!) This memory got me to thinking What's your favorite movie line? I have several and I'm going to post them here and see if you can guess which movies they come from. (It's kind of like a game, LOL!)  So here goes, and I must warn you, like my taste in fashion we swing from one end of the pendulum to the other! I like a lot of different movies. (Hint, I like oldies and westerns a lot!)

1. "Half the population in the world are women, why's it got to be you that stirs me?!"

2. "I want the fairy tale."

3. "Rule # 3, You will not cry, or whine, or laugh, or giggle, or sneeze or barf or fart, so no, no, no annoying sounds."

4. "Now you must wear the cone of shame!"

5. "I reckon you ever get tired o' loafin' you could get a job waitin' on tables."

6. "Your killing me Smalls!"

7. "I can be smart when it's important, but most men don't like it."


I was feeling a bit silly today and I'm taking my kids to see the new "Brave" movie tonight, (which they are already quoting just from the previews, save me!) So I want to know if you can guess the movies on these quotes and please leave a few of your own if you like.
























No comments:

Post a Comment