Sunday, June 2, 2013

How Kacey Wears It, Hydrangea

Hi friends! I'm back with another "How Kacey Wears It" post. Today I'm wearing my "Hydrangea"
dress (available at shabbyapple.com) It is the perfect summer dress! It is a delicate shade of sky blue, and is made of cotton voile, making it perfectly lightweight for the summer ahead. The color has been seen in many collections this Spring. Some of my favorite uses of this color were the Chanel ensemble (worn by Amanda Seyfried) on the cover of InStyle Magazine as seen here:

Link to InStyle Mag, Chanel





 And this beautiful blue and black embellished dress from Oscar de la Renta: Link to Harper's Bazaar/Oscar de la Renta dress

Image Credit: Harper's Bazaar



My "Hydrangea" dress is so simple that it can be styled so many different ways! I loved the above ODLR look so much, that I couldn't help but style my dress with black. So the below pic shows the styling I chose that was inspired by the ODLR look above:




I chose a black lace cardigan(from local shop Contagious), nude colored heels that have a black lace overlay (from VS), and a black floral lace wrist cuff that I made. The black lace gives this look a dressier feel (but also a little edgy) and makes this simple dress appropriate for a dressier occasion.

 
 
 
Close Up of the black lace floral wrist cuff I made to complete this look.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

                                                            My favorite black lace heels!




This is my "dressed up" styling for "Hydrangea" coming soon is a more laid back styling, stay tuned for more ways to wear this simply, pretty dress. Have a Fancy Day from "Patch-A-Heaven!"


To purchase any of the dresses in my debut collection please visit shabbyapple.com at the link here:
Link to "Hydrangea"

No comments:

Post a Comment