Sunday, October 6, 2013

Recipe Share: Peaches N Cream Syrup

Welcome to my little "Patch-A-Heaven!" Since we have an abundance of peaches around right now, I thought I would share one of my family's favorite recipes. I call it Peaches N Cream Syrup . You could use this syrup recipe on any of your favorite pancakes. My family loves German Pancakes so that's how we do it! The original syrup recipe was not my creation, it's been used by my mom since I was a child. The fruit flavored modifications to original recipe are my own. To view the "Original Special Syrup" Recipe, please click here:
Special Syrup Recipe

I have also modified this original recipe with a Blackberry Twist, to view this recipe click here:
Blackberry Version of Special Syrup

Today's version like I said is Peaches N Cream. My favorite peaches are called O'Henry. They are sweet, great flavored and bottle well. I'm done with my canning and have a few fresh ones left. My kiddos wanted their favorite breakfast this morning so I tried a peach version. I think this one is my favorite!

What you will need:
Peaches, 3 fresh, ripe, one chopped and 2 pureed, the puree should make 1 cup
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Stick Butter, salted
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup White Granulated Sugar

Directions:
Wash, peel off skins from peaches, and remove pits, puree 2 of those peaches in a food processor (make smooth), then chop other peach into 1" pieces. Then in a saucepan, heat cream, butter, sugar and vanilla until boiling. Then add peach puree and peach pieces. Heat and stir for about 2 min. then serve over warm pancakes. Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment