Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Handmade Cowgirl Country Christmas Tree Series, Episode 10: Leather Saddle Ornaments

My Cowgirl Tree needed saddles! So here is what I did: I found an image of a saddle online, printed it out. I traced it onto my leather. Then I cut out the saddle (this is the hardest part, getting in small places is a little tricky on leather!) Then I stamped the parts of the saddle using the smallest stamping tool I had. Next, I used my hole punch to make holes for the saddle strings. Which I made from Suede Leather Lacing. Then fed the lacing through the holes and tied a knot on the back side. Then used E6000 Glue to hold the strings in place and attached some rhinestones. I made another hole with the punch for the Lacing to be put through to create the hanger.

Here is a look at my signature saddle ornament:

No comments:

Post a Comment