Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Handmade Cowgirl Country Christmas Tree Series, The Repurposed Cowgirl Tree Star

Hi friends! When I went to put my star on my tree this year....it just didn't go. And I didn't love it! So I fixed it!! The original star was a brown whicker type with another smaller star covered with leaves on the front. So I removed the smaller leaf star and traced one the same size out of leather. Then I sprayed the whicker part with gold metallic spray paint. (Yes...I used it again!) Then I used my hole punch to make holes in the leather to attach a silver concho in the center and other smaller turquoise rivets and then glued on small Swarovski crystals with E-600. Then I reassembled the smaller star onto the front.
Here is what I started with:

The Original Whicker Star.
The New Cowgirl Star!

No comments:

Post a Comment