Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Garden...One of my Happy Places!

They say Disneyland is the happiest place on earth, and I have been there, it's great, but I have lots of other places that make me happier. One of those places is just out my back door. My garden is a place I can connect with nature, appreciate the beautiful things in the world God created. Work my guts out trying to keep the weeds down while pondering the mysteries of life! Gain satisfaction from putting work into something and then reaping such bountiful rewards. Today as I was watering and doing a my daily inspection of my plants I saw that my beets had been really growing so I decided to thin them a little. I found some precious, little 1-2" beets that were screaming to be cooked up and eaten for lunch. So I picked them, parboiled and then sauteed them with some butter, garlic, mushrooms and the beet greens, served them over some simple creamy noodles. Mmmm! I love the fact that I can walk out my back door and find delicious, healthy food! When life gets hard go to your happy place!

No comments:

Post a Comment